The Daily Memphian
254 Court Ave., Suite 400
MEMPHIS, Tennessee (United States)
Newspapers,Online | New Media
The Daily Memphian is looking for an investigative editor to lead our in-depth and watchdog reporting coverage. This senior-level management position will work across the newsroom to identify, execute and edit key stories and projects that hold our leaders accountable, uncover wrongdoing and corruption, and provide deeper context during major breaking news events. We are committed to solutions journalism, and the ideal candidate should be able to work with reporters to do more than just expose problems; they should be able to explore and report on possible solutions.
Read more about The Daily Memphian here:
- “One of the best local news sites in the country.” – Politico
- "Driving a shift in the digital media business." – The New York Times
- “In Memphis, a lab experiment for local news.” – The Atlantic
- “Ghost papers and news deserts: Will America ever get its local news back?” – The Washington Post
- “The Daily Memphian’s model demands attention.” – NiemanLab at Harvard
- “Digital startups with strong financial backing are hitting key targets” – The Poynter Institute
- “Reviving Local Media: The innovations helping publishers thrive in the age of digital” – Forbes
- “Startups are pushing back against the rise of ‘news deserts’ and the pitfalls facing local journalism” – CNN: Reliable Sources Podcast
If you want to join our team, send a one-page cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the position you are interested in, along with your resume, to Ronnie Ramos, editor, at email@example.com.
At least 5 years of management experience highly preferred. Past experience as an investigative reporter and/or editor preferred.