Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Rd
Cockeysville, Maryland (United States)
Social Media Specialist
Hunt Valley, Maryland
Television,Online | New Media,Public Relations | Marketing,Media Business Positions,Publishing,Advertising,Other
At Sinclair Broadcast Group, our mission is to connect people with content everywhere – and a core part of this mission involves social media. To help fulfill this mission, we’re seeking a sharp and highly motivated Social Media Specialist to join our growing corporate social media team. The Social Media Specialist’s primary responsibility is to work directly with our local stations to define and enhance their social media strategy. They will be tasked with reviewing the wins and opportunities of our stations’ social media presences with an in-service approach. Ideal candidates will be able to analyze and understand social media content anecdotally, and analytically, to help stations and on-air talent enhance content decisions through collaboration.
- Work directly with stations by delivering consultations, evaluations, recommendations, and trainings on social media platforms and tools – in a minimum of one monthly report and conference call with the stations the Specialist is assigned to, or ad-hoc as needed.
- Track and report social media analytics for stations and prepare reports for stations and other internal stakeholders as needed. This includes analyzing market competition and trends.
- Serve as a social media expert, staying on top of current social media trends to ensure our stations content efforts are cutting-edge.
- Represent Sinclair by conducting station visits and attending conferences as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in social media strategy for a media organization or brand (direct newsroom experience highly preferred)
- Ability to spot trends in social media and prepare to evolve our strategies accordingly.
- Knowledge of social media advertising campaigns and tools (i.e. Facebook Ad Manager).
- Knowledge of social media analytics platforms (i.e. CrowdTangle, Social News Desk, Facebook Insights)
- Self-starter capable of working independently and exercising sound judgment.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills.
- A passion for teamwork and customer service.
To apply, visit https://edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2002/job/1742
- 5-10% Overnight Travel
- Occasional night and weekend work may be needed