Pluribus News is hiring reporters to cover transportation and infrastructure, health care, energy and environmental issues and technology and disruption at the state and regional level.
The ideal candidate will be able to keep tabs on new and innovative policy ideas and solutions coming up in state governments and legislatures across the country. You’ll spot the trends before they develop, identify key lawmakers and policymakers who are driving change, and tell the stories of the new and exciting experiments happening in the laboratories of democracy.
Knowledge of and experience covering state governments is appreciated, but not essential. If you have a track record of identifying emerging trends, talking to a broad array of people and telling interesting stories, we want to hear from you.
Pluribus News is an innovative and well-funded startup built on the premise that the states drive national change. What happens in Sacramento or Albany or Austin today happens in 20 other states next year, and then at the federal level. With Congress mired in deadlock, the states are driving change.
We’re building a collaborative newsroom full of professionals who are curious, excited by new ideas and interested in stories far beyond the Beltway. We are hard working but family-friendly, driven by a spirit of teamwork and creativity. Our mission is to build a responsive newsroom where a diverse range of talented journalists can thrive.
- Monitor and report on policy developments in state government, filing regularly to the Pluribus AM daily newsletter and the twice-weekly digital magazine, Stated.
- Identify and interview key lawmakers on your beat.
- Work collaboratively with editors and other reporters covering separate beats to brainstorm coverage, generate story ideas and organize content.
- Host live newsmaker and subscriber events.
- Salary above typical range for a journalist with 5 or more years of experience.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus access to the company 401(k).
- Three weeks paid vacation, plus a company-wide holiday break before Labor Day, five sick days and eight company holidays.
- Eligibility to receive performance-based bonuses and company equity.
Powered by Journalismnext