This award-winning, local news website is looking for a full-time reporter to join our small-but-high-impact staff as we continue to provide essential accountability reporting on Baltimore. Run by former daily news reporters (Baltimore Sun, Washington Post), the Baltimore Brew has been breaking news and driving the civic conversation in the city for the past decade.
* We need a staffer with strong writing skills and news judgment to help us report on politics, development, city government, crime and justice, environment, eduation and more.
* We are hoping to benefit from the energy and insight of this new colleague as we seek to better cover Baltimore neighborhoods, explain systemic issues that challenge the city and make better use of public databases and new media.
* At the same time, we want someone capable of shoe-leather reporting, getting on the phone to shmooze sources and going to a meeting or protest and coming away with a tightly-focused story that can be turned around on deadline.
* At least 1-3 years reporting experience.
* Ability to develop sources and stories that fit the Brew’s goal to produce lively, readable, accurate accountability journalism.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including the occasional night or weekend day.