The Promotions Producer will help develop and implement the new modern sound for WBUR. The person is responsible for writing, producing, and editing promotional audio of various lengths across platforms for WBUR. If you are a creative, strategic thinker, collaborator and writer with excellent editing and production skills — and a self-starter who is cool under pressure — this could be an ideal role for you. This position will report to the Assistant Program Director.
- Shape a re-energized WBUR brand sound using ear-catching interstitials that capture the audience’s attention and create an atmosphere and sensibility.
- Develop and execute promotional ideas for news, scripted/unscripted programs, special events and more. Audio campaigns will be broad and multi-platform: on-air, online, in podcasts, streaming, etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders — Programming, News, Marketing, Digital, Fundraising, Special Events and Sponsorship — on script ideas/concepts and execution.
- Expertise with Adobe Audition and/or Pro Tools to bring creative concepts across the finish line.
- Lead as the point-person with Traffic, Operations and Product teams to coordinate on-air continuity, platform integration and more. Liaise with the Traffic department on behalf of programming to initiate changes, maximize impact and efficiency and resolve program schedule changes when necessary (such as impacts due to breaking news, special projects, etc.).
To apply, please use Boston University's application process (link included).
Bachelor's degree required with at least three to five years of related work experience in radio/broadcast, preferably at the national level, or large local station.