The Black Information Network, a division of iHeartMedia, seeks quality radio programming talent that appeals to the interests and views of our diverse listener base, and we believe in delivering a lineup of on-air personalities that represents the opinions and perspectives of our many audiences. Our company's purpose is to connect people through companionship and compelling storytelling, and the main way that we do that is through our personalities -- all of whom represent the specific communities they serve. As a company, we celebrate and include the opinions and differences that make our world unique, and the common element at all of our local stations is that our personalities are relatable and understand the specific interests and concerns of the people they are connecting with.
Serving 91% of the population monthly means that we reach and serve almost every community in America, and we need that same diverse representation guiding our airwaves. Inclusion is about people working together, creating solutions for our many programming and advertising partners across our multi-media assets.
We are looking for News Reporters to generate content and broadcast the news and open to performing general newsroom responsibilities.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content for newscasts and performs general newsroom duties.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material, and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Position does not necessarily need to be in Chicago but will include shift work. Possibly nights, weekends/holidays..etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• 3+ years’ experience in on-air journalism in a smaller market or college station
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
Powered by Journalismnext