Job ID: 58374
Job Views: 355
Location: Montclair, New Jersey, United States
Postal Code: 07042
Job Category: Online | New Media
Employment Type: Full time
Shelterforce (www.shelterforce.org) is a 45-year-old nonprofit digital magazine, serving practitioners working in the fields of affordable housing, community development and reinvestment, community organizing, community planning, creative placemaking, progressive urban planning, community economic development, racial and economic equity and justice, and related fields and movements. We serve as the independent voice that connects, supports, and challenges the people doing the work on the ground. Our work is relied upon by activists, developers, policymakers, journalists, and academics.
Shelterforce is seeking a sharp, organized, detail-oriented, flexible, word-loving, cause-driven person to join our small editorial staff.
- have a demonstrated ongoing interest in and familiarity with at least some of our subject areas.
- have meaningful experience in an editorial capacity and enjoying editing as well as writing. Familiarity with AP style, WordPress, Google Analytics, Asana, Slack, and social media are all pluses.
- work well as part of a small, tight-knit team
- are available for periodic travel and evening events
- Is full time.
- Will include primarily editorial duties, and some writing (short and long form).
- Can be either remote or in the office in Montclair, NJ (when that is safe again).
- Details, title, and compensation will vary based the experience, skills, and interests of the candidate we select. Range is $35k-$50k.
- Benefits are provided (health, vacation, retirement account).
Shelterforce actively values a diverse workplace. Candidates of color, and all genders, sexual orientations, religions, abilities, and class backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Shelterforce maintains a family-friendly and work-life-balance friendly workplace. We work hard, and also take care of each other.
How to apply:
- Please explore our website first if you are not already a reader.
- Then send a resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter that includes both an explanation of what sorts of roles you might see yourself in with us and at least one idea for a Shelterforce article to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put your cover letter in the body of your email message as well as attaching it.
- No calls please.
Powered by Journalismnext