Investigative Editor at The San Francisco Chronicle
The San Francisco Chronicle has an immediate opening for an experienced, ambitious and resourceful Investigative Editor to lead a team dedicated to producing high-quality, high-impact investigative journalism: meticulously reported, sharply written, well-presented stories on issues, people and news events affecting Northern California. The editor will be expected to generate short- and long-term investigative news reports from team members and work to boost investigative reporting from journalists across the newsroom. Great investigative reporting, editing, and project management skills are a must, as is demonstrated a talent for ferreting out and efficiently producing revealing, world-changing stories.
What you will do
● Generate high-impact investigative ideas that lead to stories of consequence
● Manage and edit the production of high-quality investigative stories of consequence
● Produce both short-term investigations and longer-term, project-level journalism
● Work collaboratively other teams across the newsroom, including digital, photo and design
● Produce investigative content that works for all Chronicle platforms
About San Francisco Chronicle and SFChronicle.com
The San Francisco Chronicle is world-class journalism. With name-brand voices and a keen editorial eye, The Chronicle is an authority that still surprises. The Chronicle, one of the largest news organizations in the West, has been named California’s best large newsroom for the last four consecutive years. SFChronicle.com is home to the Bay Area’s best journalism and recognized as the best large newspaper website in California. It is the Bay Area’s authoritative online news source, focused on San Francisco but inclusive of all California and Western news that reflects the unique Bay Area experience.
Join our team of world-class journalists!
● At least 5 years’ experience at a daily newspaper, magazine or web publication or the equivalent as an investigative reporter and/or editor
● Demonstrated expertise in investigative reporting techniques
● Strong news judgment, excellent journalistic instincts and meticulousness about details
● Knowledge of social media and how to engage readers on digital platforms in the public space
● The ability to collaborate with all newsroom teams
● The ability to adapt to a fast-changing news environment
Powered by Journalismnext