The School of Communication and Journalism at South Dakota State University invites applications for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track appointment in Public Relations at the Assistant Professor rank to start Fall, 2019. Summer teaching opportunities are also available. The School of Communication and Journalism is committed to collaboration and collegiality. As such, we are seeking a dynamic and engaging teacher-scholar who complements our culture of excellence.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Teaching undergraduate courses in Public Relations.
- Coordinating the Public Relations major.
- Serving as advisor or co-advisor to the Public Relations Student Society of America.
- Teaching other undergraduate and graduate courses as assigned. The standard course load is three classes per semester.
- Providing service to the school, college, and university as well as the local, regional, and national public relations profession.
- Doctorate in Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism, Mass Communication, Higher Education or closely related field by start date . (A.B.D. candidates will be considered.)
- Five years of significant Public Relations professional experience.
- Experience teaching at a college or university.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with students on Public Relations campaigns.
- A developing record of research and/or grants.
- Awards or other recognition as a public relations professional.
- Familiarity with the upper Midwest region and contacts with its public relations professionals.
This system will guide you through the electronic application form. This employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how you meet the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement, Curriculum Vitae, and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
South Dakota State University is a tobacco free environment.
Powered by Journalismnext