Temporary Radio Producer
Job ID: 54979
Job Views: 217
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Postal Code: 98105
Job Category: Radio
Employment Type: Full time
, licensed to the University of Washington, is the Puget Sound Region’s NPR-affiliated public radio service delivering local, regional, national and international news, information and cultural programming. With an audience of over one million users each month, KUOW’s mission is to create and serve an informed public—one challenged and invigorated by an understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures.
To help in this mission, KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for a Temporary Radio Producer
for its midday show, “The Record”. You must have a track record of producing original conversations with humanity, creativity and humor. Live radio and/or event experience preferred. Creativity and a commitment to mission-driven journalism required.
For a complete job description and application procedures go to www.uw.edu/jobs
click on “Find A Job,” and enter Req 155750. Do not apply to KUOW directly. Applications accepted until filled. AA/EOE
- Tracks news, researches topics and pitches segment ideas based on KUOW editorial
- Pre-interviews and books guests, provides hosts with background research.
- Writes host introductions and interview questions.
- First-responder in breaking news situations that may require evening and weekend
- Gathers sound, conducts interviews in the field as assigned.
- Directs or call-screens live program segments as assigned.
- Interacts with audience via social media platforms including Twitter and
- May develop, write online posts and broadcast spots of program content.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Powered by Journalismnext